Published 19/10/2020. Reviewed 03/12/2020
Covid 19 statement
These rules are to protect us all and help the club remain open. Please respect them and be considerate towards each other, our volunteers and local residents.
Before you come and while outside
- Please DO NOT come up if you are experiencing symptoms such as high temperatures; a new continuous cough; changes to sense of smell and taste; or against government guidelines(which currently prohibit travel from Tier 3 areas to Tier 2 (Cumbria).
- You will be asked to provide contact details for “Track and Trace”. We strongly recommend downloading the NHS app* to scan the QR code we will display. If you don’t, please bring a pen. Also bring your membership card.
- Maintain social distancing at all times (think ski pole at arm’s length...)
- Face coverings (buffs are OK - over mouth and nose please!) must be worn in the tow queue
- Please don't lift-share with anyone from outside your social bubble
- Try to come mid-week for a more relaxed experience – with the challenges to getting a snow fix, we expect to be very busy on sunny Sundays
- You must wear a face covering in the Members’ Hut and other inside spaces
- The Members’ Hut is small so will only be used to collect and deposit boards and boots stored there.
- Currently, you will need to eat and drink outside. Please leave bags outside too
- The hut wardens will monitor hut use levels. If they ask you to move outside or wait to enter, please respect this for everyone’s safety
- The kettle, cups and sink area will not be available for general use so bring a flask. We will top these up on request at the Members’ and Tow Huts
- We will arrange rudimentary hot water supplies for the Powder Room and antiseptic hand gel dispensers will be available here and at the huts. Please use them
- ...Gentlemen are asked to answer nature’s call “al fresco” unless pooping...
- As you will be spending more time outside and won’t be able to warm up in the hut, we strongly recommend bringing an extra layer of clothing
- We will keep these measures under continual review to ensure compliance with the latest government and Snowsport England Covid-19 guidance. Ultimately, it is your decision whether you feel comfortable coming up this season
- Notwithstanding all of the above, have a great day out!
Kit list: In addition to your usual stuff, bring an extra layer, flask, face covering, pen, membership card and hand gel